F12 to require "i686", but which CPUs do not qualify?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Aug 14 21:11:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 17:01 -0400, Tony Nelson wrote:
> On 09-08-14 09:20:04, Naheem Zaffar wrote:
> > Not Bill, but from my understanding, SSE2 was originally going to be
> > required and that question must have been presented and answered at
> > that point. Once the main page got updated after discussion, the
> > original questions that no longer apply have not been removed.
>
> Apparantly I'm not making myself clear.  That page specifically
> excludes all AMD processors before the Geode LX, thus it excludes the
> Athlon:
>
> > * pre-AMD Geode processors

You're reading it wrong. That doesn't mean 'AMD processors before the
Geode', it means 'Geode processors before AMD bought out the Geode line
from NatSemi'.

Since someone's read it wrong, that's a good indication it should be
worded more clearly on the page :)

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey