Updates lacking descriptions

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Aug 15 20:01:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 07:20:46AM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> Now I agree that extending RPM to add metadata to mark the upstream
>> changelog file or URL would be an excellent idea.  It's a one-off
>> change to specfiles and means that we don't need to write the same
>> thing in every update - a win all round.
>>
>> Suggestions:
>>
>>   %doc(changelog): ChangeLog.txt
>>   Changelog-URL: http://example.com/changes.html
>
> How would that work for changelogs stored in a git repository?

If it has a web interface, you can link to that:

http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=libguestfs.git;a=log

If it doesn't then my proposal just degenerates to the one on the
table now -- ie. the packager has to write the in the update
description.

But my proposal would make life far simpler in the (common) case where
a changelog can be provided either in a file or online.

Rich.

Fedora now supports 75 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)