Re: Firmware licence question

Hello, All!

2009/8/20 Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) <forum ru bir ru>:
> I very want see this driver in Fedora:
> http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/dkms-tiacx/
> This is free and even packaged, so no problem there...

This module has very sad story - since, it was made as a result of
direct reverse engineering (no "clean room" techniques were used), it
produced series of flamewars in LKML. As a result it was rejected from
inclusion into main kernel tree. More to say, the firmware status is
also unclear.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.