Re: Broken dependencies in Fedora 11 - 2009-08-20

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 21:10 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> It looks to me as if some people need to learn how to talk to eachother.
> Look at this!
>
> A big update package for Mono packages:
> Then on July 1st:
>
>   This update has been obsoleted by tomboy-0.14.3-1.fc11

Indeed. David Nielsen put some work on coordinating Mono packaging
efforts, but left because of some perceived snubs before the effort bore
fruit.

There is a fedora-mono mailing list that is currently mostly dormant,
and David is still listed as the maintainer -- in fact, he's still on
the mailing list. We should perhaps take advantage of this list better
-- does this plan sound feasible?

1. Get an active Mono packager to take over the list
2. Announce that Mono packagers should join the list.
3. Allow a week or so for opt-outs, then auto-subscribe anyone who
maintain Mono packages
4. Require posting to this list whenever a mass-rebuild is done

Thoughts?

--
Michel