Re: showing dependency trees

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009, Björn Persson wrote:

Debayan Banerjee wrote:
2009/8/24 Björn Persson <bjorn xn--rombobjrn-67a se>
That's not all that quick. There ought to be a tool for this. Given a
package
name it should print the dependency tree for that package. It could have
an option to suppress packages in the base set. Couldn't Yum be taught to
answer
that kind of queries?

edos-rpmcheck

http://www.edos-project.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/debcheck_home

Judging from the description on that page, that's not what I want. It says the
program checks whether a package is installable. Yum can do that. I want to
check whether a package drags in other packages unnecessarily.

define "unnecessarily"?

-sv