TeX Live 2009 for Fedora

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Mon Aug 24 06:36:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 03:07:19PM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Jindrich Novy wrote:
> > Nope, it is intentional. It is needed to somehow distinguish the
> > noarch and arch-dependent part. So package texlive-csplain contains
> > the noarch bits and texlive-csplain.ARCH ships the binaries.
>
> Wouldn't texlive-csplain-libs or texlive-csplain-bin be more compliant to
> our guidelines?

The .ARCH postfix is actually derived from the TL metadata
dependencies but indeed it doesn't look so good. The '-libs' is not
appropriate as only binaries which go to /usr/bin are packaged.

I will switch to the '-bin' postfix in the next build.

Jindrich

Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/