Potential PackageKit improvement???

Hi, before I file anything about this, just wanted to ask.

Today I received a KDE update, I don't run the kde desktop. It wants to reboot my whole computer... Perhaps it could be smarter to know whether it needs a reboot, a logout / login, particularly if I'm running gnome vs KDE...

Is this a legitimate request? Should I file a bug / feature request?
--
Nathanael d. Noblet