Re: How to respin F11-install-dvd with GRUB on ext4?

2009/8/27 Bruno Wolff III <bruno wolff to>
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 01:44:13 +0200,
 "Joshua C." <joshuacov googlemail com> wrote:
> I'm trying to respin the f11.x86_64 install dvd in order to put the
> new grub and anaconda packages, so that I can have grub on my ext4
> without a separete partition for it. I recompiled
> grub-0.97-59.fc11.x86_64 and anaconda-12.0-1.fc11.x86_64 against the
> current f11 packages. Everything worked fine. I also recompiled the
> corresponding util-linux-ng and other deps.

I thought new packages had already been pushed to F11 to allow this, so
you shouldn't have had to recompile anything.

I haven't heard of this. I'll switch to f11 but didn't want to use the default install dvd because of the grub-on-ext3 problem. Even if new packages have been pushed to f11 repos the install media haven't been respin. Therefore I need ot do it thia way.

> How can I recreate the install dvd?

pungi is the tool used to build install images.

I'll try it. thanks.