dhclient and dhcp update require restart?

Hi, something that bothers me a bit... More and more system restart requests with each update (even if one doesn't use the package at the time).

Is this necessary for dhclient and dhcp update packages to require restart?
Wouldn't "service network restart" and "service dhcpd restart" in the install/upgrade
scripts do the trick (after checking that the service is actually running)?
Ssh used to do that since, well, as far as I remember.

Cheers,
Dariusz