PackageKit and yum --skip-broken

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 07:38:20 UTC 2009

2009/8/27 Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>:
> On 08/27/2009 06:37 AM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
>> Sounds great. In this case, this would be gnome-packagekit specific,
>> right? I would not need to touch the backend at all.
>
> In my understanding, that is correct.

Yes, the majority of the work woulf in the client, deselecting updates
according to what failed the depsolve. The PackageKit desktop-neutral
parts (the harder parts) would be extracting the package_id[1] of the
package that failed depsolving. This might be fairly yum specific too.

It's certainly not less than 5 hours of work. It would be a cool trick, however.

Richard.

[1] http://www.packagekit.org/gtk-doc/