Re: showing dependency trees

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009, Kevin Kofler wrote:

Debayan Banerjee wrote:
Well, I develop a debian distribution for my organisation and I often need
to confirm whether the packages in the repository are installable or not.
I use edos-debcheck. Here is a sample invocation.

How we do this in Fedora is that we just run "yum install pkgname" and then
say "no" when asked whether to confirm the installation.

well - no - that only works if you do it to an empty chroot.

doing it locally only verifies that you have the bits on your local system.

-sv