Re: Some ideas/questions about yum

Hi.

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 11:43:00 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote

> You might be referring to PPP which some (IMO only crappy ISPs do
> this for DSL) DSL providers require you to use.

PPP is pretty much standard for broadband access because it allows
for some very useful tricks.

Please note that I did not say that it is required, it is not,
just that there are some convincing advantages to using it (at
the provider side, and in not-so-obvious ways on the customer side
as well).

This is OT here, so mail me in private if you'd like to discuss
this further.