Re: how to determain those no longer required packages

AT> I don't think apt traces whether a packages was a pulled in manually
AT> or automatically, does it?

yum does keep track of many things in the yumdb and I think the "reason"
key is supposed to track this, but for me it seems reason is always
"user".  I think the intent is to track packages which were installed
because the user requested them directly separately from packages which
were pulled in purely because of dependencies.

 - J<