Re: #! /usr/bin/perl preferred

Stepan Kasal wrote:
> Hello,
>    at certain periods of time, it was recommended to use #!/usr/bin/env .
>
> Some people consider it ugly.  (The humble opinion of the author of
> this mail is the same.)
>
> Currently there is popular mood to remove "/usr/bin/env python", see
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SystemPythonExecutablesUseSystemPython

That page says there "Should be no user-visible change for non-Python experts."
However I notice that the output from `ps` lists the actual script name, rather
than just "python". The same is true for perl. This is a worth mentioning both
for the benefit it provides and the minimal chance for breaking stuff.

cheers,
Pádraig.