Kernel security update required or not?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Dec 21 04:21:32 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 12:34:06 +1100,
  Bojan Smojver <bojan at rexursive.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 19:16 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > There is a 2.6.31.9 build in Koji.
>
> Yeah, I've seen it. But, it's not in updates. Hence the question.

I didn't see any of the recent previous spec file comments indicate back
ported security fixes. So its unlikely the latest security fixes are
in any earlier version. If you want them now, grab the kernel from koji.
Otherise you can wait for the kernel to push to updates or updates-testing
depending on how much you want to wait for other people to test it before
you try it out.