dist-git help wanted: write me a regex!

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Dec 21 05:01:06 UTC 2009

The kernel module is full of changelogs that start with:

Thu Dec 17 2009 Jarod Wilson <jarod at redhat.com> 2.6.32.1-11

of course the date, name, email and revision will change, but the format
is the same.  This data is not really necessary in git, as we have all
of that already, and it makes shortlog rather useless.

parsecvs has a feature that allows one to filter out parts of log
messages, and it requires a perl regex to find the lines to strip out.
I'm no regex hacker, but I bet some of you are.  Can somebody please
write me a regex that will catch the above line, and others like it?
Thanks!

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!