dist-git proof of concept phase 2 ready for testing

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Dec 22 17:15:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 08:41 -0800, Josh Stone wrote:
> On 12/22/2009 08:09 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 18:59 -0800, Josh Stone wrote:
> >> Perhaps this should be locked down to private-$USERNAME-*?  Otherwise,
> >> anyone could push into a branch that I'm trying to work with.
> >>
> >> Also, I wasn't able to delete a branch that I had pushed -- not sure if
> >> you meant to allow that.
> >
> > If the ACL system were to keep everybody in their own $username
> > namespace, no two people could collaborate on a single branch, which
> > kinda defeats the purpose of having the server side branch.
>
> Not entirely, as those two people could still pull from each other's
> branches.  Or as Hans said, some other namespace could be pushable for
> the maintainers to collaborate on.
>
> Either we trust that no packager will ever misbehave, or we need to lock
> this down...
>
> Josh

Since no official builds would be able to come from the private
branches, and since you can create other branches from other devel
points along the way, I think I'm going to fall on the side of "trust"
here, since we can relatively easily clean up from either mistakes or
malicious intent.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!