Fedora EOL Security Updates

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Sat Feb 7 12:01:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 18:59 -0500, Scott Williams wrote:
> Good evening list,
>
> I run the #Fedora-EOL channel and would like to get a group together
> to work on backporting only security patches to EOL versions.  It will
> be based on Production 3 of the Red Hat Enterprise life cycle
> (http://www.redhat.com/security/updates/errata/).  To summarize it,
> only security patches with no intent to update functionality or add
> hardware support for older versions.  Updates would likely come in
> light monthly spurts, similar to EPEL's release cycle.
>
> I know this has been talked about in length here about whether or not
> this should be done, but I'm interested in organizing community
> members who are interested to start working on this.
>
> We would need two things to get started:
>
> #1  Hosting.  I have time but not money.  We would need to have a
> common place to collaborate on work and a place for repos.
>
> #2  Contributors.  Anyone who is interested in helping, even if they
> don't have much time to spare.
>

> I'm usually around in #Fedora-EOL.  If I'm idling, feel free to leave
> me a message, and I'll get back in contact with you as soon as I can.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott (vwbusguy)

Scott,

I'm willing to consider offering hosting for this purpose.  Can you let
me know a bit more about what is required?

As I'm not a hard-core programmer (just PHP & general web development),
I doubt I can help patching or fixing packages, but hosting is one area
I feel I can contribute, God-willing.

Basil Mohamed Gohar
abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
www.basilgohar.com