Maybe OT for this list: Programming languages for Fedora?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Feb 1 09:45:20 UTC 2009

Le samedi 31 janvier 2009 à 18:28 -0700, Pete Zaitcev a écrit :

> Java is nice, but WORA is unbearable. So it's rare. I think the only
> two useful applications we ship are Azureus and RSSowl, and neither
> is used by Fedora to do Fedora things.

And Eclipse, and all the java server stuff, and bits of OpenOffice.org,
etc

Java's current sweet spot is middleware, it does that very well, and the
desktop stuff will come as soon as people are used to the idea we have
openjdk available in every good distros, and the openjdk/Sun people are
finished fixing the last legacy desktop warts (such as, font discovery
and handling hint hint).

--
Nicolas Mailhot