Moblin 2 and Fedora

Arjan van de Ven arjan at infradead.org
Mon Feb 2 18:10:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 07:25:37 -0900
Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, is there a good way to generate a list of changes between moblin
> and Fedora packages that would help us identify some specific things
> we could get back?  Is this a matter of cataloging the Moblin specific
> patch files in the Moblin srpms?

as I said before, the things we borrow we don't tend to patch

> The other question is, does the way Moblin "borrow" packages from
> Fedora fall under the newish Fedora Remix trademark guidance?

I doubt it. I really don't consider Moblin "fedora + changes". It
really isn't. It is much more a "New OS + borrow from Fedora and SuSE"
I suspect (I haven't done the count) that less than half the packages
fall under the "borrow from Fedora" umbrella.
Probably more if you don't count applications.

>  And if
> so would Intel be willing to advertise (in some fashion) Moblin as a
> Fedora remix?

I don't think that is currently a relevant question...

--
Arjan van de Ven 	Intel Open Source Technology Centre
visit http://www.lesswatts.org