RFC: Disabling blinking cursor by default

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:21:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 11:15:13AM +0100, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
> > Also - I think I'm comfortable saying that the Fedora Project is
> > interested in power saving.
> >
> > I'd be happy to ask the board about that as a specific interest and goal
> > of the fedora project.
>
> Rodrigo Padula initiated this:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zero_Carbon
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2009-January/msg00059.html
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2009-January/msg00121.html
>
> When he announced he was willing to launch this initiative, everyone
> was thrilled. The Board didn't endorse officially the project, but
> they didn't say Rodrigo shouldn't use the Fedora brand on this.
>
> In France, we have an adage that basically says "the one who doesn't
> say anything agrees". ;)

There shouldn't be any problem branding an initiative that operates
inside the Fedora Project and that otherwise doesn't conflict with our
objectives.  The Fedora trademarks are meant to be used inside the
Fedora Project that way, and outside the Project in accordance with
the guidelines:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines