Re: Jakub's Recommendations for ia32 Support

Warren Togami (wtogami redhat com) said:
> i686 to i686 w/ SSE2 would be a performance win, but that is
> clearly not an option for Fedora.

Well, I think this is debatable. The i686 CPUs without SSE2 (Pentium III
and earlier, 32-bit Athlon) are generally older and haven't been sold
for even longer than the C3 and similar processors that were a concern
for i586. They are likely to have a much larger userbase, though, so I
can seee still supporting them.

Bill