Re: Jakub's Recommendations for ia32 Support

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 22:50 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > Just a note, I believe that the ia32 support should "concentrate" on
> > netbooks (So Intel Atom), those are the only new things on the market
> > that can't run x86_64, and the userbase of those will just grow and
> > every percent of extra performance will make many people happy.
>
> So we should ignore OLPC that is deploying 100's of thousands all
> running Fedora?

Modest proposal: OLPC might benefit from running its own koji instance
and effectively going the secondary arch route.  -Os -march=geode, etc.
Given how close it is to mainline x86 it's unlikely to have funky
compilation failures, and it has to branch a non-trivial number of
packages anyway.

Of course, why limit this to geode.  Surely someone has VIA C3 or a
Pentium Classic they want to keep limping along.

- ajax