Fedora Project, give me 20 Million Euros or Free EDA software

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 6 17:31:02 UTC 2009

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le Ven 6 février 2009 01:30, Matthew Woehlke a écrit :
>> Just out of curiosity, how do you solve the chicken-and-egg problem
>> here? Namely, users already have media in closed formats (or, as in my
>> case, are stuck with devices that only grok closed formats).
>
> How do you solve the chicken-and-egg problem of users having windows
> software on their PCs? You don't, you offer a satisfying alternative.

I'm still waiting for my movie collection to be released in Theora, and
my car to understand Vorbis. You're working on that, right?

While I understand (and to some extent, agree with) the principle of
boycotting anything that would force you to deal with non-Free stuff,
that's not very realistic in the grand scheme of things... especially if
you're asking converts to throw out their existing media collections...
their existing hardware... their brand-new $25k cars ;-).

--
Matthew
"Let's call it an accidental feature." -- Larry Wall