Fedora EOL Security Updates

Gustavo Alves gjalves at gjalves.com.br
Sat Feb 7 21:21:12 UTC 2009

This is not about a long term support, but a longer one. In my opinion, 18
months cycle is too short. One or two versions more will be enough to a
comfortable upgrade plan.

In other hand, I think the problem isn't  the number of version, but the
short cycle of 6 months. It's recurrent from community the unpleasant of
this very short cycle, as time to time somebody post on this list a new
trying of LTS.

The majority of bugs from a version are untouched. Since F9 elisa doesn't
work. Since EVER we have that annoying rpm freeze. If you press CANCEL on
NTP connection at "firstboot", it will be run again on restart. It's so many
bugs uncorrected that I even care anymore to lost my time puting on
bugzilla.

You told:

"I don't understand why people keep wanting to turn Fedora into something
that it is not."

Then I should ask what Fedora IS. As I know, Fedora pretend to be a blending
edge FULLY FUNCTIONAL distribution of Linux. It's very far from this
objective, or I have a very wrong vision from this distribution. I really
have the sensation of everything from Fedora, except rawhide, is obsolete
and unsupported.

Regards.

Gustavo Junior Alves
GJAlves Tecnologia