rawhide report: 20090206 changes

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 14:16:02 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Nicolas Mailhot
<nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:

> Le Sam 7 février 2009 04:18, Manuel Wolfshant a écrit :
>
>> PS: what was the advantage of having this sort of oddities in the
>> changelog, except for proving the fact that "we can" ?
>
> What's wrong with checking we can and a tool developer didn't re-add
> some UTF-8 incompatible processing after all the pain we had cleaning
> up rpm and yum of those problems?

"Whats wrong with making the changelog unreadable by using random
chars as bullets?"
- > everything

> What's wrong with checking contributors can use their own given name
> instead of some alien transliteration just to keep buggy apps unaware
> of their problems?

Nobody said that UTF-8 cannot be used (for names) but don't use random
UTF-8 chars as bullets, they don't add any value and are harder to
read even when the app displays them correctly.

So just stop this and use "-" as a bullet point like all other
maintainers do ... is that really that hard?