Fedora tested in c't: grub missing feature

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Feb 8 20:33:24 UTC 2009

On 08.02.2009 21:11, Jud Craft wrote:

> Unless all distributions do the tons-of-different-kernel-updates in
> GRUB thing.  I thought Fedora was the only one that did that.

I'm not so sure about that (and I guess most currect Fedora derivatives
do it like Fedora does it now).

And even if we provide a vmlinuz link to the latest kernel /boot/. The
whole stuff OpenSuse und Ubuntu do right now afaics remains an ugly
hack, as users that use grub from OpenSuse or Ubuntu in the MBR to boot
Fedora won't be able to boot older Fedora kernels in case the latest one
(the one that /boot/vmlinuz links to) doesn't boot.

CU
knurd