Orphaning homestead

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Feb 11 18:01:20 UTC 2009

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:58:23 +0000
"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

> > > Current policy-ish stuff says that it must go through a new
> > > package review, for lack of a more streamlined process yet. See
> > > last week's FESCo meeting notes for gory details...
> >
> > My bad.  So it does need the new review, but not orphaning of the
> > old package?

It needs a new review of the new package, and the old package needs to
follow:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife
once the new package is approved and in.

Thats the current policy.

> Wasn't there a new policy discussed at FPC or Fesco about this
> recently?  So renamed packages could just be renamed without going
> through a complete review?

I proposed an alternate method that would allow just checking
Obsoletes/Provides on the new package before allowing it to be created.
This proposal was not accepted by FESCo.

So, for now at least, treat the new name as a new package.

> Rich.

kevin