Re: F10 and no root login - impossible to maintain systems!

Paul Wouters wrote:
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Doug Ledford wrote:
Authority or not, that doesn't make her wrong.  Tell the nag-nannies I
said sod off.  It's not that I *need* to login as root on an X session,
it's that I *want* to.  If I accept the risks

And while we're at it, throw away the the stupid rm/cp/mv aliases
in root's .bashrc.

No? Sorry, I had to try :P

Actually, we should. They're an unreliable crutch; by training people that they have a second chance, we train them to pull the trigger first, and /then/ stop to think if they know what they're doing. Which, as soon as they're on a system that doesn't have these aliases, means they shoot themselves.

(And I know I'm not the only one with that opinion...)

--
Matthew
Here endeth the rant... which I realize is not likely to Win Friends or Influence People, especially the person to whom it was directed.