Re: Heads up: Noarch Subpackages

Joe Orton wrote:
I take it from the wiki page, that we should hold of on using this too aggressively until some distro-wide guidelines are produced?

e.g. for -devel packages given that 99% of the content is generally noarch-able there would be a lot of scope for splitting those up.

...except for the important symlinks-to-versioned-.so's? Doesn't that kind of break things for -devel unless you break it into -devel-libs and -devel-headers (eek :-( )?

I was thinking -doc would be more likely candidates :-).

--
Matthew
Here endeth the rant... which I realize is not likely to Win Friends or Influence People, especially the person to whom it was directed.