Re: Heads up: Noarch Subpackages

I'll answer this in one mail each topic to avoid mixed up threads.

Ville Skyttä wrote:
What about F-10, and noarch-subpackage updates to packages that were all arch-specific before be shipped for it, or if this is F-11+ only? This is obviously dependent on whether the needed infrastructure changes include support for doing this for F-10 as well, but I think it'd be nice to be explicit about it in case it'd be technically doable in the infrastructure but no go for some other reasons.

As far as I understood there is only one koji instance for all releases (will someone from the infrastructure team please correct me) and rpm 4.6 is in F10 for quite a while. So technical it should be possible to build noarch sub packages in F10. Whether we want to change a lot of packages in F10 for that is another question.