New tool: CrossReport for MinGW (Windows cross-compilation) compatibility reporting

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Feb 13 16:43:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 04:18:10PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 10:01:55AM -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> > Looks like your perl script isn't detecting EOL for some of us. If you
> > notice, the error message corresponds to the number of lines emited from
> > your nm command.
>
> I must admit I'm a bit clueless about this bug.  I tried installing
> the RPM on a couple of machines and it just works for me.
>
> Can you tell me what version of Fedora you are running and what
> architecture (ie. i386, x86_64, ...)?

I see it on Fedora 9, i386.

It does not appear to be dieing on the pipe'd commands - that completes
OK according to strace. Perl seems to be complaining at the point you
access the %symbols hash in get_symbols(). This var is tie'd to the
file /usr/share/crossreport/crossreport.db, so perhaps that file isn't
compatible with i386 or Fedora 9's perl ?

Daniel