Re: Fedora 11 Mass Rebuild

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 04:48 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Well, there is one change in F11, which introduces a need for an least
> partial ordered rebuild:
>
> rpm has started to automatically add
> Provides: pkgconfig(foo)
>
> and to automatically add
> Requires: pkgconfig(foo)
>
> This requires an ordered rebuild in cases, when a package is part of a
> chain of (devel) package deps.

Hrm, I think this would only matter if the rebuilt package that picks up
a Requires: pkgconfig(foo) made it into the repodata that was then used
by further builds, but before the packages that have Provides:
pkgconfig(foo) also made it into the repodata.  If we delayed tagging of
all of these builds until the very end, we could avoid the breakage.
Not sure this is completely desired though, but given the package set
where this would hit, I can picture lots of loops that we wouldn't be
able to fully order out.

Starting to think that delaying the tag events is what we want here, get
the whole mess into the repodata at once rather than piecemeal as the
builds progress.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!