Re: Heads up: mdadm-3.0-0.devel2.1.fc11 added to f11

Doug Ledford wrote:
On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 11:28 +0100, Radek Vykydal wrote:
Ok, my concern is a fix to appear in 64-md-raid.rules we use in F11.
I sent the patch to Harald Hoyer, he applied the patch to fedora udev
package, udev upstream applied it (modified), and it will
appear in udev-138 package. So, taking the rules file from mdadm
package, we need to use mdadm upstream having rules file
from udev-138, or use patched rules file from udev package.

This means that mdadm and udev-138 will have a file conflict.  If it's
already in udev, I'll just remove it from mdadm.
They won't, because udev stores it's rule files in /lib/udev/rules.d, whereas mdadm (and packages generally, if I got it right) in /etc/udev/rules.d (they have precedence
in case of same name).