Re: Fedora 11 Mass Rebuild

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 20:42 -0500, Jon Masters wrote:
And what will happen when something wants a static
library file to link against?

This one is a little bit more interesting, perhaps everything that is
static should get a second rebuild pass.  Of course, now I'm going to
want a good programmatic way of discovering what is statically compiled,
preferably without having to look at the binaries themselves.

It needs more resources, but the obvious solution is to do what gcc does... rebuild *everything* twice, and remove from the rebuild list things that produced an identical package. Then do a third pass, and continue until nothing changes. (Probably it will be necessary to scan the rebuild list between subsequent packages to cull things that are only "changed" due to timestamps and the like.)

This should catch everything where a rebuilt dependency caused the resulting package to be different.

--
Matthew
"Nobody expects the traditional Bourne shell!"