Status of gconf -> dconf

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Wed Feb 18 17:29:42 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Shawn Starr <sstarr at platform.com> wrote:
> This may be more of a GNOME question but are there folks @ Red Hat working on dconf? It would do Fedora (and future RHELs) well if we helped replace gconf. Installing GNOME related RPMs or yum updates is horrible due to the time the XML schemas take to register.

No one at Red Hat is working on it as far as I know.  While there are
several architectural things that could be fixed in a new
configuration system, bear in mind that even after it's released we'd
have to have GConf compatibility for a long time, since so many
projects are consuming it; some in nontrivial ways (e.g. sabayon).

But this is definitely a better discussion for desktop-devel-list at gnome.org.