Status of gconf -> dconf

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 24 13:12:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 10:43 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> For GConf, we were human editable and readable through gconf-editor, and
> greppable/diffable through gconftool-2.
>
> Either you're fueling a flamefest, or you don't understand what's
> required for a modern configuration system.

I'm not trying to fuel a flamefest, but it does seem apparent that you
do not understand the requirements of a modern network and shared
resource system.

If you want to know what things are common problems with a linux desktop
infrastructure in a shared resource environment ask on the list. There
are a good number of folks here who have to maintain resources for
hundreds of users, not just single users on a desktop/laptop.

-sv