Re: Installing with separate /home partition & bug #150670

> A huge +1. This is just a no-brainer for end-users, having a
> separate /home makes it massively easier to recover from all sorts of
> problems. I really don't see a downside. Except in the case where you're
> installing to a very small amount of space - there could be a simple
> heuristic which uses a single / partition when there's, say, 6GB or less
> space available.

The biggest problem has always been coming up with the right algorithm
to decide how much / gets vs how much /home gets.  Come up with a good
one and throw it at the Anaconda folks to see what sticks.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!