autoconf and epel-5

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 05:59:46 UTC 2009

Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> writes:
> Correct - I didn't mean to offend Tom, but it's obvious, that some
> people around in this thread don't understand the autotools.

> If people were understanding them, they would not run the autotools
> inside of rpm.specs but would apply patches.

[ shrug... ] I've been using autoconf for fifteen years.  Evidence-free
assertions like you've been making in this thread will not change my
opinions (born of hard experience) about how to use it.

Note that I certainly have no objection to you maintaining your own
packages as you see fit.  The only reason I'm even bothering to join
in this discussion is that trying to make this a "policy" suggests
to me that at some point someone is going to try to force me to do
it your way.  And that I won't put up with.

			regards, tom lane