autoconf and epel-5

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Feb 26 08:33:15 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> Correct - I didn't mean to offend Tom, but it's obvious, that some
>> people around in this thread don't understand the autotools.
>
> In case "some people around in this thread" is supposed to include me:
Yes.

> Oh, I do understand the autotools fairly well,
Your postings speak a different language. 90% of your postings are
demonstrations of your lack of understanding them and mere propaganda
aiming at promoting cmake.

> Why can't projects just switch to CMake?
Here you are doing it again.

You are so blinded with your zealotry on cmake, you refuse to accept
that cmake is just one tool amongst many, with defects, deficencies and
design flaws, historic warts of its own, just like all tools.

It's not the "ultimate one size fits all" tool, you and its promoters
want it to me.

To me personally, cmake is a tool, which is not even close to meet my
demands nor of any help - period.