Re: Ready for new RPM version?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Ready for new RPM version?
From: Tom Lane <tgl redhat com>
To: Development discussions related to Fedora <fedora-devel-list redhat com>
Date: 02/26/2009 12:24 PM

Jon Ciesla <limb jcomserv net> writes:

Yeah, it seems like F12 material.  Going with a beta version of critical
infrastructure like RPM strikes me as sheer insanity.  Or have we
learned nothing from how badly the still-in-progress RPM update was
mismanaged?  These things need to be taken *slowly*.

			regards, tom lane

From an end-users perspective, going from Fedora Core 2 up to Fedora 10, I've never seen any RPM issues.

I'd be interested in your answer to Seth's question.

F11 is not frozen yet, and if this is a minor update that only brings speed boosts... why not?