Ready for new RPM version?

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 18:45:32 UTC 2009

Panu Matilainen (pmatilai at laiskiainen.org) said:
> So, should I bother with a RPM 4.7 feature page or not?

If we're doing it, it should have a feature page. Whether or not
we're doing it should depend on:

- will it be final by final release? (I'd prefer to not ship an
  RC. Yes, I know we did with F10, and that's part of the problem)
- what user visible changes will this make, especially that could
  fail package builds. From reading the release note, there's one
  of these.
- does it change the output package format in any way that would
  make packages unreadable by prior versions?

etc.

Bill