Re: Installing with separate /home partition & bug #150670

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda ij net> wrote:
> On 2009/02/26 12:06 (GMT-0500) Michel Salim composed:
>
>> Let's say 256 MB boot. Everything else really depends on usage. Should
>> we not distinguish between server-centric (large /var, smaller /) and
>> desktop-centric (no need for separate /var and /tmp, big /) usage?
>
> What on earth do you keep in your /boot? I've been using 204M /boot for
> several years, and can't remember even with 8 kernels installed finding less
> than 1/3 free on /boot.

I was using the 'preupgrade' tool -- it creates an Anaconda image in
/boot, and the next time you restart, it runs the installer from the
boot partition. Kind of requires quite a bit of space.

And yes, before that, my 160 MB /boot is enough for multiple kernels.

Regards,

--
miʃel salim  •  http://hircus.jaiku.com/
IUCS         •  msalim cs indiana edu