Re: Ready for new RPM version?

drago01 <drago01 gmail com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Rahul Sundaram
> <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
> > Panu Matilainen wrote:

[...]

> > One question:
> >
> > "# Support for the new XZ (aka LZMA) compression format in package payloads
> > and sources has been added."
> >
> > Is this still considered experimental? Are we considering switching to it by
> > default? Any benchmarks?

> We can't this would require another rebuild, so this should be F12 material

Why? AFAIU, it can handle the old format happily too. Just use the new
compression whenever the package is rebuilt for whatever *other* reason.
When there are no more "old" packages around, drop the old format for
good. Rawhide churn is large enough as it is.
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513