Package Review Stats for 2008

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 02:12:20 UTC 2009

2009/1/2 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
> We could just as easily make this 5, or 15.  The number isn't that
> important to me personally, and the community can help decide the
> cutoff point.

Do a histogram, fit a exponential distribution to the histogram, maybe
a Poisson distribution... the distribution of "rare events".  Define
the number of awards on the variance,mean,median, or some complication
combination there of.

This however will not solve the qauntity over quality problem.

-jef"You know what would be fun? A histogram of number of reviews
weighted by the number of non-whitespace characters in the specfile or
weighted by the total size of the sources associated with the
package"spaleta