improve-relatime.patch dropped from F10

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 7 01:37:41 UTC 2009

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 11:33:57AM -0600, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I mean... if you don't know about this bug and add relatime to fstab,
>> you've just made it impossible to upgrade the kernel. And the
>> work-around (edit fstab to remove relatime, 'yum update kernel', edit
>> fstab to put back relatime) isn't very friendly.
>
> relatime is supported in the stock kernel, but without the heuristic
> that avoids tmpreaper deleting your files at inappropriate times. It
> shouldn't cause failure.

As per the bug mentioned in the OP, it may be coming from around initrd
and not the kernel per-se. I intend to check next time a kernel update
is available.

What does tmpreaper normally reap? If it is only /tmp, then I don't care
about the missing heuristic ;-).

--
Matthew
"Ethics? We've heard of it" -- Microsoft