xzgv in Fedora broken?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Jan 7 12:32:05 UTC 2009

Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Rahul Sundaram
> <sundaram at fedoraproject.org <mailto:sundaram at fedoraproject.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hans de Goede wrote:
>
>         Note I'm looking in to fixing the xzgv thumbnails issue. Why? To
>         show that actually reporting problems helps I guess.
>

>     Thanks Hans. It is amazing, people who knew about the issue would be
>     not reporting the bug but be willing to build conflicting packages
>     in another repository.
>

> Please, Rahul
>
> xzgv does not impact anything.

True, never the less I've fixed it: a gtk callback functions return value was
declared void while it should be gboolean and it should return TRUE, that this
worked with gcc3 is just plain luck.

A patch is forth coming, I'm still looking into some of the thumbnails being
wrong for images whose width is not a multiple of 4. Its a pitch/stride !=
width issue, and I've already located it, but it needs some surgery to fix cleanly.

> Once more, here is the fixed memtest86+ for F10.
> It works just fine (for me) even on new Intel G45.
>
> http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/memtest86+-2.11-3.fc10.src.rpm

Yes this is a more important issue, thanks for bringing it to our attention.
First of all it would help if you could post a patch with your prepared fix,
that is less cumbersome to take a quick peek then an srpm. This is important
because, for example yesterday I clicked at the bug report you linked and when
only seeing srpm's went on with other stuff. If there would have been a patch
attached I would have clicked it, and if it is cleanly I would have tried to
get it in to Fedora asap. But the srpm was just too big of a hurdle (given that
memtest is not a package I maintain, nor is xzgv btw).

Thanks & Regards,

Hans