Problems with X font handling

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Mon Jan 12 20:17:46 UTC 2009

Lots of X programs (xemacs, xlogo, xfig) complain of missing fonts (and end
up using some cheesy default font). I reported this originally against
xemacs (at 478999), and now changed it to xorg-x11 as I believe this is a
better match. xfontsel has only 4 fonts to exhibit now in all. This is
probably due to the ongoing font handling overhaul in rawhide.

In any case, could somebody knowledgeable on this point me (OK, make that
"handhold me") in the direction to fix this?
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513