SELinux in mock

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 05:08:25 UTC 2009

Josh Boyer was kind enough to give me a login on a ppc64 machine so I
can try to debug the issue I'm having with GCL.  Unfortunately, I
cannot even get off the ground.  I'm using a 'mock -r
fedora-rawhide-ppc64' command to try things out.  Inside the chroot, I
see this:

$ mock -r fedora-rawhide-ppc64 --shell
INFO: mock.py version 0.9.13 starting...
State Changed: init plugins
State Changed: start
State Changed: lock buildroot
mock-chroot> selinuxenabled
mock-chroot> echo $?
0
mock-chroot> /usr/sbin/semodule -i /tmp/gcl.pp
/usr/sbin/semodule: SELinux policy is not managed or store cannot be accessed.

How is that supposed to work?  This is blocking the GCL build, which
has to change dumped images to type gcl_exec_t when SELinux is active
(checked with selinuxenabled).  If the policy is not managed or the
store cannot be accessed, then selinuxenabled should be setting its
exit code to 1, should it not?  As it is, the GCL build fails when
trying to invoke chcon because selinuxenabled is apparently lying.
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/