ibus and F11

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Tue Jan 20 00:06:17 UTC 2009

----- "Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski" <dominik at greysector.net> wrote:
> What's the migration path for SCIM users?

Users upgrading from earlier Fedora releases can continue to use scim or if they wish they can install ibus themselves and use that.  Scim will be continue to be in Fedora for the time being.

> Can I define my own shortcuts for switching IMs, like in SCIM?

Yep, you can in ibus-setup.  Right click on ibus icon and select Preferences.

> Is there an applet for showing currently selected IM, like in SCIM?

Yes, there is.

You can already install and test ibus today if you are running F9, F10, or rawhide:

Install your favourite engine with:

 sudo yum install ibus-<engine> ibus-gtk

where <engine> is one of anthy, chewing, hangul, m17n, pinyin, table-chinese, etc.  Install ibus-qt if you need support for Qt and KDE.

Jens